lost stringers and saved motors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost stringers and saved motors

Got an early start this morning from Chocolate Bayou ramp and headed to the pass. 3 of us including Tim "Walkinwader" and another buddy Glenn. Tim blessed us with hot McGriddles and that is a good start to a fishing day. :-) We Hit 2 spots on the outgoing tide with only a couple of blow ups. I haven't figured out how to fish the pass on the outgoing really.
    Hit a couple of south shoreline spots and finally found some dink trout, a flounder and several reds on DSL plum/chartreuse.
    After a little while, We had 4 slots reds strung but we ran out of time as Glenn had to get to work. I Let my buddies keep fishing while I waded back to get the boat. When I got in the boat I realized I had lost my brand new stringer and my 2 fish! It was pretty calm, but I didn't see the float anywhere. I trolled over to the guys and told them about it. They thought I was kidding at first because we had been joking about my brand new stringer. After everyone was in the boat I spotted something and headed that way. It wasn't the stringer but Tim spotted it along the shoreline. Glenn and I got out and came at the stringer from opposite directions, all the time hoping the fish were still on it. The water was pretty clear. The stringer was caught on a clump of grass. When I got close I could see both fish. One was on the float end and secure, the other was sitting on the bottom with stringer spike hanging out of his mouth. You can probably guess how many fish I brought home today.
    After almost losing my motor to a big problem last month, this is my 3rd trip on it. Meeks outboards saved it and man I am so grateful. Outboards don't grow on trees, you know?
    Scott
    "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Always an adventure.....thanks buddy. These are gonna taste good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad to see a post from you Scott!

Chip
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Think we all need to pick it up. I'm bad about not getting around to a report even just a quick low down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X