• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airflo Bone/Redfish Ridge

Has anyone tried this line?
    Fishwhisperer

No for me Randy . I use P-line .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

12# Stren mono. Lo-vis geen. Works very time.

Comment

I own several Airflo lines for freshwater and have always been pleased with them. They seem to keep that "new line" feeling longer than other brands. One thing that is a little annoying on the heavier ridged lines is the "zing" sound it makes as it runs through the guides. Also, just a weird thought, but you might want to clean the Airflo more thoroughly to get the salt out of those ridges.

I am currently using Joan Wulff Saltwater Triangle Taper and like it for the presentation qualities. It just seems to turn over big flies and then drop them delicately. I mostly wade fish, so the triangle taper seems to mitigate some of the disadvantage of the lower angle. If you are elevated on a boat, a standard taper would be fine.

I'm fairly new to stalking visible reds. I've been flyfishing freshwater for 30 years, but most of my saltwater flyfishing has been blind casting to holes that are typically productive with conventional tackle. So, take my advice with a grain of salt.
        Last edited by txfly; August 22, 2015, 11:31 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

FLYLINES

I have not used any Airflo lines,but I can speak on Teeny(Flip Pallot) and Scientific fly lines.When I used the Teeny lines I would go one wt.up on the rod,ie use a 7 wt .on a 6 wt. rod.I like those lines but they seem to get dirty much quicker than I liked and they would loose their floatability.
          I am currently using SA Redfish series as they float higher and stay cleaner longer.They are a half weight heaver so you do not have to overload the rod.The heads are shorter so that you can load the rod with only 15 ft or so of line outside the tip.One back cast and then shoot.NO False casting required.
          SKIFFSTIFF

Comment

I just got some Diawa Samuri braided line...... For conventional.... Can hardly wait to check it out...... P-line, what am I going to do with you Plugger?
            Fishwhisperer

Comment

Working...
            X