7/28/15 Flounder on Foot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7/28/15 Flounder on Foot

Went out last night to try three new spots, and may have found a new honey hole. We heard really good things recently about the Lagoon but that was a strike out with no signs of life other than crabs.

Tide was low last night. (-0.2 according to NOAA @ Jamaica Beach)

Sportsman (not new to me) was really murky on the north side of the oyster reefs. South and West side of the oyster reef "islands" are mostly grass. We walked it in less than 40 min and didn't see anything.

Lots of bait fish action just off the reefs of Sportsman the whole time we were there.

The "good" new spot: We got out around 2145 and walked about an hour behind someone else (who probably got most the fish), but we still found two within 200 feet of the truck (18" and 17").

I always leave anything in question. Such as this 13.9" (measured underwater).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-07-29 at 1.34.02 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	576419

Thank you for the gigging report .
    I'd figure a way to snatch those crabs .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I'm always on the fence about crabs. Some times a see one other times I see 50. Also, my wife and I have no clue how to cook them.

Comment

hanks for the report! Clean the crabs, then team or boil. Nothing better than boiled crab claws...! Or some fry hem in Tex joy seasoning. Good that way too. We put crab on grill once and it was good, too. Just wait till it turns pinkish.

Comment

Working...
        X