Starter maybe????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starter maybe????

Ok its me again with another request for help. Before I take her in a drop some cash I'm hoping one of you can help. Here's the symptoms: Turn the key and nada but a tiny click sound like a dead to the bone battery( but I charge battery and its practically new) . I do this maybe 10 times and then all of a sudden it revs strong and starts like nothing is wrong. Runs great but of course I know sooner or later she's gonna strand me out there. I've checked and cleaned all connections, I have new cables. Any advise will be appreciated.

Sounds like a ground problem to me. I know you said it's all new, but it sounds like ground.
    Beandaddy

Comment

Could be bad solenoid. recheck everything then bypass solenoid to see if that is the problem.

Comment

Starter solenoid I had the same problem

Comment

Will do ! Thank you for the tips fellas.

Comment

Pieman: Check you cables-my starboard merc was doing almost the same thing-the starter was sort of bad, causing the power/battery cable to overheat and melt-replaced battery cable and starter and was fine. It aint always the solenoid. Also, just because it's a new battery doesn't mean it's 'good', put a load tester on it and test it before I'd start replacing anything. Good luck and hope it fixes cheap for you!
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
            X