Fayette 7/3/2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fayette 7/3/2016

Took my son and his brother-in-law (Mason) to Fayette Sunday. Mason was looking for his personal best bass and I figured he would have a pretty good chance at catching one. The day didn't turn out so good for him as he only caught 1 bass but it was a pretty chunky 4lber. My son did better catching 7-8 bass most were 3-4lbers. The trip was really about the 2 younger guys so I felt a little bad that I caught over 15 with the biggest tipping the scale at just over 7lbs. It was another classic summer day on Fayette as the bass were up close to the grass line on the points in the morning. We caught them on square bill cranks in 2-3 foot of water from 6:30 to 8:30. When that bite died down we moved off to some of the steeper drop offs and found them again with football jigs. There were generally 3-5 bass at each spot and all of the ones we caught were over 3lbs. We didn't take a lot of pictures as the boys kept waiting for bigger fish to take a picture with, but they never came. Here are my 3 best on the day.
    Attached Files
    Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Nice ones, Derek!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Thanks Bruce! I had a good day but wish Mason had done better.
      Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Originally posted by bountyhunter View Post
        Thanks Bruce! I had a good day but wish Mason had done better.
        You did your best. It happens sometimes.
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
          You did your best. It happens sometimes.
          I know I did, but it really killed him that I caught 5 bass that would have been his personal best. Wish he could have at least gotten one of them.

Comment

Working...
          X