Selective wacking!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selective wacking!

My cuz and I hit a undisclosed location for a two man limit. This was a walking trip, no fan boat this time. I had a blast and almost forgot how cool it is to reconnect with nature by walking and stalking, the silence and the hunt.
    The big one still eludes me. I spooked 4 fish but one had to beat the magic mark (for me) of 22"...I swear it was a 24" fish and as soon as I was in range and lifting the gig that sucker bolted for deep cover! DANG!!!!

They we're quality fish the smallest was 16 and the largest was just over 19 but the rest averaged 17 1/2" and they where all thick for their size.
    Just in case anyone wonders...my cuz caught the 20 1/4" Red on dead shrimp just before dusk.

Last edited by 2112; September 12, 2010, 11:14 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
    Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

WTG !! You have to take me , take me !! I'd rather be in the water than the boat .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Henrey...
      Do you have gigging gear. I'm set up real well for walking trips but just for one man.
      I have a place for beginners and pro's.
      A mid week trip would be best, less competition from others.
      Walk up trips get pounded, thats why fan boats rock, they can take you where the drive up crowds and normal boats cannot.
      Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

Very nice Bert!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

That sounds like big fun

Comment

Dang Bert nice...notice they are even blending in with the picket's on the fence....gotta love them flat fish.
              I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Nice trip Bert!!
                Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
                  Dang Bert nice...notice they are even blending in with the picket's on the fence....gotta love them flat fish.
                  They lost there color on ice but the best I remember, they all had small white dots that where brite, not the big ring of circles you sometime see but small beautiful white dots about the size of a pencil erasure. These fish where not from SLP and the limit happened fairly quickly. Most of my SLP Flounder are solid brown.

It was a lot of fun. The boat is a lot of fun, covering a lot of area quickly and hitting isolated areas, it can make ya lazy but man, there is something primal about walking and stalking and making the kill with what amounts to a stick.
                  I like to think I'm pretty good at it but after all these years, even in clear water I'll occasionally step on one and it'll startle the crap out of me. Just imagine how many I've passed just because I never saw them.

Anyway, yah, it was a good time!

Comment

Nice going. I have only been able to pick up flounder twice this summer. I can only go on weekends and the tides have been too high to see bottom.
                    5-30-10 and 8-8-10. One 23" in May.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Nice! I need to get out soon. Ive been on a few trips but never stuck one.

M.M.
                      "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

I need me one of those undisclosed spots!!!! Great job

Comment

Originally posted by TXHurricane View Post
                          I need me one of those undisclosed spots!!!! Great job
                          It's 2:10 and blown out at the pass but have stuck 8 so far. Big girl went 21 1/4 " .

Comment

Working...
                          X