468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunday Morning kayak fishing (Trout Support Lure)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday Morning kayak fishing (Trout Support Lure)

Went Kayak fishing in West Bay South shoreline Sunday morning (10/8). Was out by first light and initially pretty windy, though the wind did eventually lay and the water clarity was still pretty good. The tide was unusually high this past weekend, so I actually had to use my kayak in an area I commonly wade. Ended up with a real nice 27" redfish and a few 14-15" speckled trout (which I released). All fish caught on the Trout Support Lure, Bone Diamond color, with a weighted weedless hook. Definitely recommend trying this lure out if you haven't already!Click image for larger version

Name:	27 inch Redfish Oct 2017.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	577274Click image for larger version

Name:	27inch Redfish October 2017(3).jpg
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	577275Click image for larger version

Name:	27inch Redfish October 2017 with lure.jpg
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	577276Click image for larger version

Name:	Trout Support Lure weighted weedless.jpg
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	577277

Nice work, man. Glad you got out. I have a Nest camera overlooking the water at my place in JB. The tides were way over my dock all last week and most of the weekend. I bet a lot of traditional wading spots were too deep to mess with.

As an aside, I think I played high school football for your dad back in the late 80's. He's a good man!

-FP (MKHS class of '89)

Comment

Originally posted by FlyPelican View Post
      Nice work, man. Glad you got out. I have a Nest camera overlooking the water at my place in JB. The tides were way over my dock all last week and most of the weekend. I bet a lot of traditional wading spots were too deep to mess with.

As an aside, I think I played high school football for your dad back in the late 80's. He's a good man!

-FP (MKHS class of '89)
      Small world! Yes my dad coached at Kelly for a long time. I graduated MKHS class '98. Dad's retired now but still does quite a bit of fishing with me down at our place on the west end and some in east bay. He and my mother moved to Pearland a few years back to be closer to the grandchildren since we live in Houston.

Comment

Pretty colors on that fat red fish . Thanks for sharing .
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Nice catch. Good looking rod too. Is that a Stix ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by walkinwader View Post
            Nice catch. Good looking rod too. Is that a Stix ?

Yessir, it is indeed a BillyStix rod. Billy sure knows how to make them. Looks great and fishes great! I asked him for a "redfish inspired" rod on this one.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5064.jpg
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	562813

Comment

Very nice. On my list for Santa..

Comment

Nice work and report!
                "Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."
                -John Wayne