East bay 10-19-2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East bay 10-19-2014

Sunday I took my cousin to East Bay . We met at the Texas City Dike launch at 7 am and waded a south shore cove . Light NE wind , green water and lots of bait . I got a nice 20 inch flounder with a Gulp shrimp and with a corky all the sand trout you could haul away. Mixed in were a lot of exactly 14 3/4 inch speckled trout . Around noon we went to midbay reefs looking for slicks or working birds . Found several sets of working birds but the schools moved fast and I couldn't get quite close enough with my trolling motor . Finally waded the south shore again . More sand trout and throw back specs. I lost a flounder trying to string it . It threw the hook and flew out of my net . We hammered away at them all day coming back just before sunset . I guess it beats not catching anything . We certainly had bent rods .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Sounds like fun Henry. A full day of action.

Comment

Oops , that should be 10-18-2014 , Saturday .
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Sounds like you had a full fun filled day. Thanks for the report.

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Nice going, Plugger! Catching beats the skunk every time.

Comment

Good job Henry.
              Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Working...
              X