Weekend Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend Report

Figured it would be an outstanding weekend so I drove down Thursday night and surprised to find honking wind on Friday. Picked up one spec around the time the sun came up and then nothing for the next hour. Started traveling around looking for fish and saw some birds along a shoreline. Fish had pushed a ton of shrimp into a corner and so spent the next maybe half hour casting up into them. Caught mostly dink specs and rats but two of the reds went slot so boxed them. After that ended I hit several back lakes and caught nada the rest of the day.

Saturday looked better from a wind perspective but I couldn't catch a cold in the early morning. Started looking around the back lakes and found scattered reds over the course of the day. Boxed two reds and a flounder but it was a grind to find them. The third slot red came as I was ready to go so I ended on a high note at least. Went to the Sand Bar to get a burger and watch the Horns lose.

No pics taken so you have to just take my word!
    sigpic

NO PICS NO FISH....lol.. At least you got out!

Comment

No pics it never happened.

Nice report thanks for sharing it with us.
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Game sucked and apparently so did the fishing Brad! My brother took my boat out Sunday and had a tough go-dinks, rats and 1 keeper flounder and some sheep. trout off the deck at night though.

Glad Mark's doing OK BTW!!
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Thank you for the report ! I appreciate a fishing report that was not that successful as much as one that was successful . Those don't get posted as much but they are none the less informational and interesting .
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
          X