Well Galvo, soon you will be mine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well Galvo, soon you will be mine!

So here is the plan, right or wrong, stupid or just plain nutz, I don't care...I'm gonna do it! The other night I come home and the wife outta the blue says...we should sell this place, downsize and move to Galveston. At first I thought...no way, you work at the Med Center and I work off 45 at 610...why would we move like that and drive more? Then I got to thinking....I drive that way all the time on my days off, why not just reverse it. Maybe in the near future I could get a transfer to our Texas City Refinery and with the savings over the house costs my wife could go to 3 days a week instead of 4. Plus, driving to the far East side of League City at traffic time probably takes as much time to do as driving down 45 to say Bayou Vista....not much difference really.
    Long story short...Saturday we will be heading down to look at apartments and see what gives. Plan is to rent off the wall for awhile(6 months-a year) and see how we like it). In the meantime we'll be scouring the Westend market for someplace to put the equity we have saved and hopefully make off the sale of our place in Harbor Park subdivision in LC....at least that is what I hope all plays out.
    So soon, I will be placing a buttload of stuff up for sale or donation...25 years of marriage, and 14 in 1 house, you accumulate a lot of sh....! Won't be quick unless we get a fast sell and I don't see that happening either, but you never know. What I do know, I like this choce over my wifes other choice of the Woodlands!
    Anyway, anyone got any good leads on apartments...right now, we're looking at The Oceanfront around 69th St and Seawall. I tend to want on that end vs the middle because of crowds during peak months. Nice looking complex and quite a few ammenaties, plus the one we like has a waterview.
    Kenny....your reef is fixing to get a lot more crowded!
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Go for it! Hope it works out!
    Resident Ninja

Comment

Originally posted by Jhua View Post
      Go for it! Hope it works out!
      Thanks bud...hows them new yaks working for you and your dad?
      Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Working great! We paddled out to one of our favorite buoys on the ICW from the causeway and even though we didn't catch anything, it was amazing just being on the water like that. My only regret is that I didn't get this sooner!
        Resident Ninja

Comment

Yep, they are fun...enjoy em! I move to Galveston, and you'll see me dragging mine across Seawall Blvd and dumping off the wall into the Gulf for a little of that excitement too!
          Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Lol. If the gulf is flat I may do that too. Plenty of times when I could see birds workin the surf and I always wish I could get over there.
            Resident Ninja

Comment

Yeah, you never know...and that time is just around the corner!
              Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

I wonder when my wife will come around? Sounds like fun!
                Scott
                "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Originally posted by gsb View Post
                  I wonder when my wife will come around? Sounds like fun!
                  Completely took me by surprise, but we have been going down there lately in the afternoons and eating then just wall walking, and stuff. We're ready to travel more too...and a house is just in the way now really! I really think if I down size, and get rid of all the garbage that drags you down day to day(not fish stuff of course)....I'd feel like a new man! Want to run to Costa...don' worry about the yard, the utilities busting, the hurricanes(although that will still be somewhat of a problem), the stuff that's always in the back of your mind when your gone, just go!
                  Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Sound reasonable to me. The commute for you wouldn't be that bad, but for the Mrs to the med center would be a biatch. She could take a pay cut and get a job at UTMB. I'd maybe skip the seawall and look for a rental in Bayou Vista or Tiki. LOL That would cut a lot of time off the commute. You have way too much fishing gear for an apartment! I'd also be looking at getting a small car that gets great mileage......BTW that's da Pimp's reef!
                    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
                      Sound reasonable to me. The commute for you wouldn't be that bad, but for the Mrs to the med center would be a biatch. She could take a pay cut and get a job at UTMB. I'd maybe skip the seawall and look for a rental in Bayou Vista or Tiki. LOL That would cut a lot of time off the commute. You have way too much fishing gear for an apartment! I'd also be looking at getting a small car that gets great mileage......BTW that's da Pimp's reef!
                      Where to start....we already have two better mileage cars and a truck and a camaro. If we do move...fish stuff will go in storage that boat goes in anyway. Wife would probably cut back to 3 days a week and she would still get 4 weeks of vacation....hell, I'd drive to Dallas and back for that schedule. And I don't care whose reef it is....because I'm gonna f
                      Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

go for it dude... I gotta bote

Comment

Sounds good smooth...
                          I hope it works out too! Hey Tiny, I'm not given that up. It's down in Gorda now in a nice $40 a month lockable covered space.
                          Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

I'm juss sayin... wanna fish around here... I gotta bote, then I'll hope in your truck and go to maddy wicha.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
                              I'm juss sayin... wanna fish around here... I gotta bote, then I'll hope in your truck and go to maddy wicha.
                              And when I tell my wife I'm hanging with a Shriner...she won't care when I come home....or she'll never let me leave! LOL
                              Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Working...
                              X