• Show
Clear All

• Saturday Reds

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0945 copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	576790

Fished the Blackjack and was windy as all get out. Pretty much stayed in the same place all day long making long "power" drifts in that wind...had to reel about as fast a could to keep the lure off bottom being the boat was drifting so dang fast. First drift produced two fat reds that went around 23-24". Being I was wanting under 21" they both went back. After that it was two hours later and I snagged that small trout you see in the pic. All day long I repeated drifts across the lake I was in and would generally pick up a fish per drift. Turned in a trout at 20 5/8" and two reds that were just a hair over 21". I thought I was certainly in it the money...especially...since I never read the directions...figured the side pot was most spots...so when I boated that dude which held 12 spots I figured I was good to go. So came to the table with three fish to measure and one for side pot which didn't exist LOL. All in all it was a grind but caught twelve reds and the two specs. All the reds but two were slots...just too big a slot I guess. Only used Norton Bull Minnow pumpkin seed/chartreuse.

Fun day on the water and really liked seeing all the folks who turned out to support the Lynn Foundation...hard to find a better cause in my book.
    sigpic

Thats a pretty red. Good to see yall caught yesterday and that wind. Im glad people are posting here again. Been kinda dead in the report page

Comment

good report, that was a good say under those weather conditions.

Comment

Nice report. 14 fish caught with a lot of wind.

Comment

Great report, thanks.
          "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Comment

Nice going bro!
            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Working...
            X