468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A pair of reds breaks our losing streek.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A pair of reds breaks our losing streek.

We have found fishing to be very tough this summer. The last 3 trips we've come home with nothing. We've caught lots of small reds and trout. Plenty of croaker and whiting with the occasional small shark. We've fished West Bay, the Causway, both Jetties, Dickinson Bay, Eagle's Point and most of Clear Lake this summer with very little to show for it. Sunday when we hit the water, we still hadn't decided where we were going to fish. When we cleared the Channel at the Kemah Boardwalk, I asked the wife "which way do you want to go?", she pointed straight across the bay to Trinity Bay. So, off we went. After about a 20 minute boat ride at 45mph, we unded up at one of the rigs and tied off to it. The fishing was slow. We caught a couple of small flounder and reds. A small bonnethead shark and a stingray. We decided to untie and just drift across the bay for awhile. About 10 minutes into our drift, the wife hooked up with a good fish. I decided to bring in my line so that we wouldn't get tangled, when 'bam', I had a decent fish on as well. Since mine was closest to the boat, she held hers tight while I reeled mine in. Once my fish was on board, she reeled hers in. We had a matching set of Redfish. Mine was 27.5" and hers was 27". We were back at home by 10:am with our catch. It was a marvelous day in Trinity Bay!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0956.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	574592Click image for larger version

Name:	PART_1376916019244.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	574593
    "I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of!"

Nice couple!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Good looking Reds!
      TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Very nice slump busters. Glad the no fish monkey is off your back.
        When I grow up I want to be, One of the harvesters of the sea. I think before my days are done, I want to be a fisherman.

Comment

WTG! Nice Reds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Comment

Working...
          X