EMB Saturday 12-11 fishing and theft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMB Saturday 12-11 fishing and theft

Wanted to get on the water before the front rolled in and the wind started. We started out on the south shoreline fishing the backs of some drains with mud. I picked up a red and a short trout. Then we made a move to try another drain and the wind was starting to pick up some and move from the west. I picked up another short trout and a 23 there. Third stop produced a red by my buddy and then a few short trout after that. Headed back to Matty harbor and the wind was blowing straight down the ICW and made for a bumpy ride. We stopped on the way and gave a family some fish on the way down the way and they were happy about that.

When we got back the the harbor John pulled the boat up and I jumped out to pull the boat back down to load it up. I got in the truck and put it in gear and heard a noise that didn't sound good. I got out of the truck and went back to look to see what was up. Someone had unhooked the boat and pulled the hitch out and stole it. So there we are with the boat in the water and and no hitch and ball. Luckily there were some guys that were launching and let us barrow there hitch after they launched so we could get the boat in the stall down the road. They launched and took it off and asked to just put it back on. We got the boat put in and drove over the the harbor put there hitch put on and connected there trailor and headed back to Houston.

Its amazing what some people will steal and how others will go out of the way to blindly help someone else.

Man that sucks.

People will take the simplest things just for the sake of taking something.

At least you caught some fish while you were out there.

Comment

Sorry to here about the hitch........people will stoop to the lowest level to get what they want.Kudos on spreading the fish around.
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Thanks for the report. Some low life stole the hitch off my dad's truck when I took it up to San Marcos two summers ago. I bought a lock after that, sad you have to do that these days.

Comment

Thanks for the report and that really sucks about the hitch and receiver! I'll be down there Friday but mine is locked up. I don't think you could unbudge it though with out a 8# sledge.
          Don't be a Nancy!
          If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

That blows.Congrats on the catch though
            Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Good report......Sorry to hear about the vandals......That sucks!
              sigpic
              Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Sorry to hear about the hitch that sucks! I always keep my trailer tongue locked, as well as a lock for the hitch, we have had thefts of jet skis on the Island its a deterrent really if someone wants something bad enough they are going to take it.
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

It's a good thing you had someone there to lend you a hitch. It's hard to believe a boater would do something like that knowing the position he'd be leaving you in. Glad you got some fish
                  Last edited by WestEndAngler; December 13, 2010, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Sorry about those bastards... I hate thieves
                    "I love the smell of napalm and watermelon slicks in the mornin'...."

Comment

Originally posted by pho cowboy View Post
                      Sorry about those bastards... I hate thieves

X2

Comment

I have one of those hitch locks with a key. Good luck trying to get mine off. It's frozen and my key doesn't even work. I'm going to have to get it cut off and get a new type lock.

Comment

Originally posted by lesmcdonald View Post
                          I have one of those hitch locks with a key. Good luck trying to get mine off. It's frozen and my key doesn't even work. I'm going to have to get it cut off and get a new type lock.
                          lol me too!
                          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
                            lol me too!

me three.

Comment

Sounds like you guys need to use your boats more!!

Comment

Working...
                              X