Cold Pass 11/26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold Pass 11/26

I launched the kayak yesterday morning at the old KOA and paddled to the tidal flats on the south side of Cold Pass. Fished back in the flat and then fished the dropoff into Cold Pass. I had my 6yo daughter with me and a pint of live shrimp. Tide was up, wind wasn't too bad and we dodged the rain that moved through early and the storm that came through about 12. We got our skunk on - not your every day hardhead and whiting skunk but I mean a full blown, not a bite, not a nibble, fishing in a swimming pool skunk.

Paddled across Cold Pass and into some of the bayous, nada. Started up Titlum-Tatlum to some of the marsh lakes, got about as far as Blockade Runners when the wind started picking up and it was clear the storm was about to move through - didn't want to get caught in the rain with my daughter so we headed back.

Had a good day. She counted the shrimp in the bait bucket for me. Apparently there are over 1,000 shrimp in a pint.

Since we got blanked, here's a couple of photos of sunrise and my fishing partner. I bet you wish your wading jacket had ponies on it.

I thought we would kill them yesterday - whoops. Hope everybody had a good weekend and got into some fish.

"Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Thanks for the report. Nice pics.
    Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

LOL I do wish my wading jacket has ponies on it!
      Resident Ninja

Comment

excellent report and pics...love the pic of your daughter in the yak!
        Captain Glenn Stevens
        Coastal Guide Service
        www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Cool pics....thanks!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

I would bet a couple of keepers that she had a blast and that's all that matters.
            I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Great report! Who'da thunk there were a thousand skrimps in a pint!
              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Cool report.
                KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Working...
                X