Nearshore & Weedlines Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nearshore & Weedlines Question

Last summer I started fishing nearshore out of SLP and really like it. Been going out a lot recently. Usually I just look for action or drift live baits within a mile or two from shore. Picked up a ling and a king so far along with the usual stuff in the surf zone. Do a lot of shark fishing. But my question is how far out do you have to go for weedlines to be productive for fish like ling, kings, and chicken mahi?? I feel like there's so much weed in the zones I fish cuz I see so much and haven't had any luck fishing them... I'm not super comfortable taking my boat out past 5 miles, although once I did go out around 10 miles to some small platforms. Is that type of fishing any good in that range? I move around exploring water from 8ft to the 30s... Any advice y'all who go out there have would be appreciated.
    You never know what the tide might bring

I usually start seeing life under the grass mats out around 9-12 miles. I've seen sailfish at 15 miles and triple tail in the bay... You never know and it's usually worth a quick stop if you see a large mat.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Sailfish would be cool but that's way out of my league.. But that's pretty much what I figured. Thanks for your help!
      You never know what the tide might bring

Comment

Working...
      X