Last weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last weekend

My first Blast and Cast Men’s Ministry event is in the history books and I was glad to be a part of it. It took some courage to drag the boat down there by myself and meet up with a bunch of guys I didn’t know, but now I am glad I did. It was well organized, and I met some great guys. . It’s hard to plan an event this size and have it go so smoothly, but they pulled it off really well.
    Friday evening after check in 4 of us headed out to Matagorda Bay. We chased birds for a little while, catching mostly dinks. After that we hit the south shoreline for a little while until it was time to head in for dinner. Tim stuck a fat 26” trout that I think ended up being the biggest of the weekend.
    Saturday I partnered up with 2 others in a different boat and left mine on the trailer. The other 2 fellers caught some fish wading with croakers and I hiked off where I saw some birds in the distance. Waded up to my neck and started catching dinks on a black queen cocahoe then switched to a spook junior. The trout got bigger but not much. The snot sharks liked the spook jr, too. Followed the birds and popping shrimp, all the way back to the boat. I must have caught 30 fish of various sizes but no trophies. After that, I put on a popping cork and gulp and headed over to a muddy up area of shell looking for redfish. I found their cousin in the form of a big ugly that was probably over 30 lbs. It took a while to reel in! Got a nap at Sunrise Lodge after lunch and went out to E Matty in the evening drifting. Didn’t catch much but Kenny caught the nicest croaker any of had seen in a long while.
    Sunday morning was sketchy after the front, with storms still off shore but we went out to Matagorda and waded for a few hours. Others caught a few dinks before we got ran off the water by a big storm.
    If you get a chance, I would really recommend attending one of these events. Great fun, good people and a great message!
    Last edited by gsb; June 29, 2017, 06:02 PM.
    Scott
    "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Fun times ! Thanks for sharing .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Well said Scott. I also highly recommend people to attend. It was my first as well and won't be my last. It was great meeting you and Tim and the others I met. Saturday morning Tim and I harassed out in another boat and the topwater action was on. We caught a mix of reds and trout. Nothing big but nothing like the topwater bite. Had a couple decent trout but didn't want to string em. Turned em back. Wasn't really after fish to take home. Scott you said it perfect on how it was. Looking forward to the next one already.
      Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Working...
      X