468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monday 6/3 - Silver King , but didn't land it ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday 6/3 - Silver King , but didn't land it ....

Started off high noon with no tide movement because that's the time when we could go, lol. When we showed on south jetty there were a good amount of boats anchored up but no rods bending. There was some type of bait just popping all over the place a hundred yards off jetty and birds feeding off them like mad. We tried throwing with in this area with large plastics and hard baits with no bite?

We then fell in line with it being very slow with a small Jack bite and slimy Gafftops. Around 3 the tide started moving and we started working the rocks up close with trolling motor and towards the end of jetty I threw my small mirro lure into rocks and boom, I almost had my little (over priced) green rod pulled out of my hand and then a 3+ft Tarpon explodes off my bow and I get a couple more jump out of him before he spit me. I think I just didn't have enough back bone to set hook hard enough. It was great experience and heart was pounding out of chest. Picked a few small reds after and all in all a great day not at the desk. This is the type of experience that makes me spend the time and money I do on trying to learn this crazy hobbie/life style. Love it!

Sounds like fun!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Thanks for sharing......fishing....ain't it great !
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

nice

Comment

Great story!
          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Cool.
            Karma's a beach.

Comment

One that got away. . .

Originally posted by Xpress89 View Post
              Cool.
              I hooked one at the jetties a few months ago. He jumped a few times and busted the 17-lb line I had on. The next day there was a picture in the Galveston Daily News of a guy at the jetties holding up a tarpon. I think it was the same one. Hooked another at a rig about 25 miles out more recently. Jumped twice and then took off. I think I pulled the hook out of his mouth trying to be too aggressive. I've heard their mouths are fragile like a speck.

Comment

Working...
              X