5/6/2016 galveston state park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5/6/2016 galveston state park

I haven't fished much since my second back surgery in September . The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak . But , I took the kayak Friday and what a lovely day to be on the water . It was a XXX weekend , light NE wind switching to south , big morning high tide falling after about 8:30 am . The water was in good shape . I paddled across Dana Cove looking for sign . On the far west side of the park with the tide falling I was blind casting marsh cove mouths with my Crazy Croacker and l landed a 21 inch red .
    Attached Files
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Nice return Plugger!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

CONTINUED

I skulked around the marsh dragging the bottom for flounder but only had 4 throw back flounder . Later in the afternoon i lost the only keeper flounder , of course .
      I fished the deeper water outside of the geotubes in the afternoon when the tide was really falling in earnest and landed two 19 1/2 inch trout .
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]32347[/ATTACH]
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

CONTINUED

I have some videos i made with my iphone but i can't get them to load . Maybe latter .

Comment

END

I had left shoulder rotator cuff surgery several years ago and it has been hurting for months again . After i got home and showered i felt a knot on my left shoulder . Apparently it wasn 't my rotator cuff but my ac ligament . After googling i come to think i have a shoulder separation . The end of the collor bone sticks up because the ligament holding it in place has torn . The casting and paddling did me in . It aches and hurts ....but my back hurts worse .....har ! I have an appointment tomorroe with my orthopedic surgeon .
          It looks gross ....eew!
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm out again , bruce !

Comment

Way to get em Plugger!!! Sorry to hear you're out again. Having problems with y right shoulder I move it certain ways or try to move to far feels like it's on fire. Hope this frozen shoulder not coming back.
              Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

ill bet you that is a calcium deposit on top of your shoulder.

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
                  I had left shoulder rotator cuff surgery several years ago and it has been hurting for months again . After i got home and showered i felt a knot on my left shoulder . Apparently it wasn 't my rotator cuff but my ac ligament . After googling i come to think i have a shoulder separation . The end of the collor bone sticks up because the ligament holding it in place has torn . The casting and paddling did me in . It aches and hurts ....but my back hurts worse .....har ! I have an appointment tomorroe with my orthopedic surgeon .
                  It looks gross ....eew!
                  I had the same thing after a car wreck it was called AC aropathy I think that's what it was called I had surgery back in 2010 they cut off part of the bone.
                  Last edited by dbarham; May 9, 2016, 08:18 PM.
                  MANVEL MOB

Comment

Sorry to hear about the issue man. Glad you got out and caught a couple though.
                    sigpic
                    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Nice report Henry and some good looking fish.
                      Dang it. Sorry to hear about your bad luck with the shoulder and back.
                      Get well.

Comment

I hope it's a calcium deposit but it aches and is painful . I'll let you all know after my appointment ... I know all my ailments are so interesting to everyone.

Comment

Thanks , Dale . I know you are familiar with back pain and sundry health woes .

Comment

Nice fish plugger. Sorry that you're having back and shoulder problems. I hope you get better soon.
                            I've had a almost full thickness tear in my right rotator cuff for almost 2 years. I declined surgery by Dr. Budoff and have just done shoulder exercises and swam when I could. I still cast one-handed like Nolan Ryan throwin' a fastball (well pretty hard anyway) and fish most days. The first year I iced the shoulder most nights when I woke up.
                            I recommend Yoga for your back and the rest of you as well. It improves strength, flexibility, and balance.
                            "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
                              Sorry to hear about the issue man. Glad you got out and caught a couple though.
                              Chip , do you remember when we fished that area close to Jamaica Beach years ago ? You guided us in through a gap between the geotubes . You waded down the grass line with your she dog and a nice trout hammered the plug . You quipped , " what are you doing here ? " . We were surprised that a trout would be that close in at midday . Whenever I'm there I think of you . I call it CHIP'S CORNOR .

Comment

Working...
                              X