Slow but sure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow but sure

Four of us went out in my friends airboat yesterday. Got in the water at a little after 9am and headed north in search of reds. We saw lots of fish, caught bait and a couple of legal reds in the cast net while getting bait. We released the netted reds. My brother in law from California was with us and it was his first airboat ride and first time to catch red fish.

We fished the Matagorda Island shoreline and put 7 reds, two black drum and two trout in the box, all caught on dead finger mullet. We went into some of the lakes on the island and caught the remaining five reds for our limits.

This is the time of year when the Whooping Cranes are here and we saw perhaps 20 pairs and several young (brown) cranes and one set of twins which are rare.

It was a long day with a fish or two here and there but a great airboat ride and lots of fun. It was amazing to me to catch black drum on dead finger mullet and to catch trout on the same bait.
    Attached Files
    Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

Great report Ron!I may be heading down south later in the week!
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

sounds like a great day Ron!
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Working...
      X