Stingaree/yates 11-22-09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stingaree/yates 11-22-09

I fished the Stingaree flats and Yates bayou from 8 AM to 6:30 PM Sunday. It was partly cloudy in the morning and sunny in the afternoon. Wind was NW and W 6-7 MPH in the morning and calm to 7 MPH in the afternoon. The water was brownish but with 10 " visibility in the morning, but green in the afternoon after the wind laid down. Beach water temp was 70 and a standing tide early, then outgoing all day especially after noon.
    Attached Files
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Continued

I fished a little cut from East Bay into the ICW next to the cut looking for flounder, but managed only a little rat red. The boater is heading from East Bay into the ICW and Stingaree marina.
    Attached Files
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

continued

I then fished the mouth of a marsh emptying into East Bay with only 2-3 rat reds boated. I lost a trout and a flounder on the GULP there.
      Attached Files

Comment

Continued

Continued east to Yates Bayou fishing the point and cove. A lone wader was fishing the west side of the cove near the mouth of Yates. As he was wading back to his boat I landed a trout near the mouth.
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice report and some kick arse pictures.
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Continued

I then went up the bayou and found a very small drain. You can see the bubbles as the water was moving out. I thought there must be a flounder there and on the fourth cast hooked a 16 " flounder. Going farther up the bayou where it has a branch to the left and still bumping the bottom with the GULP, I hooked up my second flounder, 17 " , on the left side marsh line at the intersection.
            Attached Files

Comment

Continued

I continued into the left branch to the shallow lake working a shallow diving crank bait for reds, but no luck. Out of the lake and back into the main canal making my way back towards the bayou mouth.
              Attached Files

Comment

Continued

I fished the deep bayou with several lures until I hit upon what worked, a 1/2 OZ silver spoon that I could get near the bottom with the moving outgoing tide. Caught several trout there and lost a played out about 19 " one due to a sloppy rookie netting mistake. One boated was too small.
                Attached Files

Comment

Continued

Caught another keeper at the bayou mouth on the way out. Fished my way back to Stingaree cut and fished there until after dark.
                  Attached Files

Comment

END

Ended up with 2 19", 3 15-16" trout , and 1 16" and 1 17" flounder. Fun day on the water !! What do you think ? Did I over do it with the pictures- some not so good a quality- and too long ? Let me know and be honest so I'll know what to do next time.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Great job, I really enjoy reading your reports. Like you, I love to fish from sunup to sundown, except in the summer lol.

Comment

Nice Plugger ,good trip.
                        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

nice pis plugger....thats a full day of kayaking...........great report
                          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Very nice once again! Great Pics!
                            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Hey plugger,good job.I really like the thread,details and plenty of pictures.Very cool,almost like I was paddling next to you.Keep up the good work,Christopher.

Comment

Working...
                              X