Your Top Surf Lures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Top Surf Lures

When the surf if right, what lures do you take with you to the surf?

I don't have a lot of experiece yet, but lures that I am using for sure is Johnson silver spoons, bone spook (ss and ssjr), Bull minnows, and DOA Cal jigs and Shrimp. I probably am taking others but those definates for me. I want to see yall's arsenal.
    Last edited by spannymacker; May 8, 2009, 04:54 PM.

Don't forget the mirrolures and Clown or Chrome/Black back spook & Jr, and maybe a corky or 2
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Day Glow Corky is my No. 1, but when it doesn't work I throw about the same things I throw in the bay. The only difference is you are more likely to have your favorite bait taken from you by something with big teeth........

Also when you catch the surf just right........there is nothing more fun than a fly rod.
      Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

glow and char paddle tails is my number 1 soft plastic

Comment

Mirrodine, silver spoon.

I plan on trying topwaters and jerkbaits more this year. Also braving rougher surf and going out to the color change versus waiting on perfect ice cream conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
            Mirrodine, silver spoon.

I plan on trying topwaters and jerkbaits more this year. Also braving rougher surf and going out to the color change versus waiting on perfect ice cream conditions.
            Yep, let's yak to the green.....
            Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

I have a few corkies, but I hesitate to use them because the'll either get torn up or cut off by macks, blues, or sharks etc.

Comment

My #1 lures in surf are bone/chartruese belly skitter walk or she dog. If those dont work switch to mirrorlures, same color

Comment

Smooth - Bone SSJR, pink skitterwalk
                  Rough - chrome bone she dog, chartreuse she dog

pearl/chartreuse and pumpkinseed/chartreuse paddle tails

And very rarely do I visit the surf without throwing a gold spoon
                  XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Cheap lures LOL. You will lose alot out on the beach front!

AQUA PIMP
                    AQUA PIMP......
                    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

I with AP on that one! Bring the shrimp under a popping cork or some gulp.

Originally posted by aqua pimp View Post
                      Cheap lures LOL. You will lose alot out on the beach front!

AQUA PIMP
                      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

51mr,52mr,shedogs,and like the pimp said i bring all my old topwaters...
                        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Gold or silver spoon.

White w/red head mirrolure.
                          West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Comment

thanx for the responses! much appreciated!

Comment

Tell if and when the surf might calm down, because this weekend it was brutal.
                              LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Working...
                              X