Friday Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Report

Got to finally get out Friday and fish a bit. I am selling the cat so I went out on the duck boat but since I am looking for mostly reds in the skinny stuff that does just fine. Wind was honking and with the tides at massive levels those fish were really scattered. Water color was off as well so sight casting was near impossible. Drifted the messy stuff way back in the cove and found four reds, two trout, and one flounder. Two of the reds were 20" so they went home with me...the other two were 17"-18" and the trout and flounder were about 13". Making long casts through guts with Norton bull minnow.

I did get out of the boat and wade a bit in some deeper water to see if I could find any trout...found nothing at all. What was funny was that I while out there maybe 30 yards off the geo tubes I heard some splashing behind me...turned around...and my dang dog decided she wanted to join me out there so she swam out to be with me. What's funny is that she is a jack russell-chi mix so she only weighs maybe 12 pounds and half that are her ears. All you see when she swims are ears and wagging tail. Anyway, waded back to the geo tube and left her there hollering at her every 3 minutes or so she would stay there.

Also saw a guy in a fine looking power yak sort of boat. Got close enough to chat at one point and discovered he makes them...calls them Stik Boats...little things run super skinny and like a scalded cat...he was telling me he gets over 30 which I would think would be plenty on that ride. Anyway, look em up if you want...neat little boats.

Looking forward to finally getting to fish a bit more and these winds to die down...
    sigpic

Thanks for the interesting report.
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

WTG Brad.
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Good job sir

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice report. Glad you got out.

Comment

Working...
          X