Finally a Good Trip- 1/16/17 Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally a Good Trip- 1/16/17 Report

With all this weird weather, fishing has been pretty rough for me. I have been running around to a lot of the winter spots I normally fish to find either scattered fish or no fish at all. Where can they be? I had some time the last couple of days, and finally, found them. They were hiding deep in around 12 feet of water next to a steep drop off with a mud and shell mix. It was a weird bite as well. We would cast up on a flat that ran about 2 feet and drag a limetruese ghost assassin on a 1/4th oz jighead off the drop. The smaller trout would hit it and almost jerk the rod out of your hands while the bigger trout were small ticks on the line. Regardless, we fished that area from 11 to 3:30 (I had to be at work at 4) and hammered them. Cameron had the hot hand and got some bonus reds as well which were all fat and tournament sized. We retained a 1 man limit of everything but we caught over a 2 man limit of trout! Click image for larger version

Name:	16105805_10154820372885539_903871964526714179_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	577082
    Resident Ninja

Way to find 'em!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Good fishing Jonathan
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Good report and some nice trout. WTG

Comment

Bingo ! Nice fish ! Some really fat fish in there .
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Excellent reporting! Great job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X