Saturday 10/26 - West Bay Redfish Showdown & Fundraiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday 10/26 - West Bay Redfish Showdown & Fundraiser

The 11th Annual Redfish Showdown benefiting Shriners Hospitals for Children - Galveston will be held Saturday October 26th!

West Bay - Galveston, TX

Weigh In, Awards & Fundraiser will be held at the West End Restaurant & Marina in Sea Isle.
    21706 Burnett Dr. Galveston, TX 77554

Rain or Shine!

Event Flyer
    Online Registration
    Rules (as shown below)
    Boundary Map
    Facebook Event Page

Underwritten by Underwater Green Fishing Lights

Live Music by the Blockade Runners!

Rules & Regulations

1. All Federal and State rules and regulations will apply. Violations will result in disqualification of
    the entire team.
    2. $80.00 / Angler – Includes Entry into tournament, captain bag with goodies and T-Shirt (S- 3X)
    3. A maximum of two (2) anglers per team. (YES YOU CAN FISH BY YOURSELF - You are still
    required to bring in 2 slots reds)
    4. No Captain’s Meeting, Launch ANYWHERE you want & Guides are allowed.
    5. Wade fishing is permitted within sight of other team member (200 yard max).
    6. Fishing hours will begin at 6:57 a.m. October 26, 2019 and contestants must be in weigh-in line by
    4:00 p.m. Weigh-in will begin at 2:30 p.m.
    7. You may not leave a “no-wake zone” and/or launch until 6:27 AM CST October 26, 2019.
    You can stage your boat at the edge of the no wake zone / canal or subdivision entrance before
    that time. Once 6:27 AM hits you are free to hammer down!
    8. Weigh-in @ West End Marina - 21706 Burnet Drive Galveston, TX (Sea Isle)
    9. Artificial bait only! No tipping of hooks w/ dead bait, chumming or any other methods to attract
    fish are strictly forbidden and subject to disqualification. All fish must be caught on a rod and reel.
    10. No team is permitted to approach nearer than 50 yards to any other boat, unless permission has
    been granted.
    11. No fish may be accepted from or given to another team.
    12. No communication between other tournament anglers or outside sources will be allowed during
    the tournament hours. The only exception to this rule, other than a medical emergency is to request
    assistance / help for a tow or breakdown. Please contact the tournament official immediately
    should this happen.
    13. Boat, Wade or Kayak fishing is all permitted within the stated boundaries.
    14. Heaviest slot reds will win (max of 2 reds / team) *slot reds only for side pot & main stringer*
    15. Boundaries: Participants may fish anywhere in West Bay, being any navigable waterway West of
    the Causeway Rail Bridge. Anglers can venture as far West as the SH 332 Bridge. An interactive
    map can be found here: http://goo.gl/maps/Pw7IZ
    16. All participants, by signing up, are subject to polygraph testing.
    17. Anglers must be in the weigh in line no later than 4:00 p.m., unless you are standing in line,
    weigh in will close by 4:00 p.m. Award presentation will be immediately following.
    18. All fish weighed in must be within the regulations of TPWD. Any undersized or oversized fish
    that are turned in for weighing that are not within regulations will disqualify the team.
    19. In case of a tie, earlier weighed fish will determine the winner as opposed to weight of fish.
    20. Live redfish weighed-in, in good condition, will receive an eight (8) ounce bonus per fish added
    to the overall stringer weight. There is no penalty for bringing in dead redfish.
    21. Only two fish may be weighed. Decide prior to coming to weigh table which fish you’ll weigh in
    22. A “side pot” redfish can, if desired be used in both the side pot & overall heavy stringer.
    23. All Weigh master’s rulings are FINAL
    24. Sponsors and organizers are not responsible for any accident or injury, nor loss, damage, or theft
    to any property.
    25. Trophies will be awarded to the top 5 teams along with a cash payout to the top 5 (see below)
    26. Side Pot: (Optional) - $20/ angler slot redfish with the most spots – 60%/30%/10% cash payout.
    Spots must be bigger than a pencil eraser and must not be connected in any way. (Pays 3 places)
    27. Side Pot - If one angler on your boat elects to do the side pot, all anglers on that boat must be
    entered - no exceptions. 3 Plaques for side pot (1st place – 3rd place)
    28. Kayak Anglers - You are allowed to exceed the max distance stated in Rule #5 only to take a fish
    back to a truck or shoreline to place it in a live well. You must immediately return to within the
    200 yard range of your partner once completed.
    29. IN CASE OF BAD WEATHER, THIS EVENT WILL BE RESCHEDULED, IF FOR ANY
    REASON EVENT CANNOT BE HELD ALL ENTRY FEES WILL BE REFUNDED

Payout scale based on 50 teams:

1st Place $2,000.00
    2nd Place $1,400.00
    3rd Place $1,000.00
    4th Place $600.00
    5th Place $300.00

If you are wanting to sponsor or donate to the fundraiser please contact Coe at 713-59Four-425Two
    Last edited by WestEndAngler; October 24, 2019, 09:20 AM.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

So is it 6:23 or 6:27 to leave?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Coe did you do any certificates for raffles? I plan on making this one to just hang out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Bryan Evans

Boat Werx of Texas
      (AKA Evans Marine Services)
      4340 19th St.
      Bacliff, Texas 77518
      http://evansmarine.net
      http://boatwerxtx.com
      main@boatwerxtx.com
      281-559-BOAT (2628)

Comment

Originally posted by Bayourat View Post
        So is it 6:23 or 6:27 to leave?

6:27 as it states in the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by evansmarine View Post
          Coe did you do any certificates for raffles? I plan on making this one to just hang out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I count you in each time Bryan. Looking forward to seeing you there!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
            6:27 as it states in the rules.
            Your rules say both times. Just asking.

Comment

Your rules say both times. Just asking.

No they don’t.

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                No they don’t.
                They did lol. See y'all Saturday.

Comment

They did lol. See y'all Saturday.

Scrivener’s error

Comment

Looks to me like there are two times posted for 2 different things.

Time you can begin fishing: "Fishing hours will begin at 6:57 a.m."
                    When you can leave the dock: "You may not leave a “no-wake zone” and/or launch until 6:27 AM"

Comment

Originally posted by Bayou Uber View Post
                      Looks to me like there are two times posted for 2 different things.

Time you can begin fishing: "Fishing hours will begin at 6:57 a.m."
                      When you can leave the dock: "You may not leave a “no-wake zone” and/or launch until 6:27 AM"
                      I had left a 3rd time accidentally from last year and some guys caught. I changed it quickly. Correct time to leave the no wake zone is 6:27 AM. That gives you 30 minutes to get to your fishing spot and setup. Lines in the water at 6:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X