Three Days Worth of Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three Days Worth of Reports

Fished Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday this week. Started each day at sunrise and was back at the dock by 10:30. Fished with my buddy efish Monday and Tuesday, and solo Wednesday-all trips between Dickinson and Kemah. Caught our limit of trout Monday (except for one fish 'cause we miscounted) and Eddie kept the one red for the half-shell. Tuesday total of only 7 trout and 6 reds (released), Wednesday I had 9 trout and 1 red (all released). Most fish under birds on plastics (pearl paddletails) but remainder caught on shorelines with pearl/chartreuse Corkie Fatboys. Unfortunately, I think the shrimp are almost gone over here, cause there are fewer and fewer birds working every day.

Had a ball Tuesday chasing birds, till I reached down to drop the trolling motor, slipped on a slimy deck and fell overboard. Got a nice bruise on my hip where I hit the gunnel before falling in. I told Eddie, NO PIX!!! HEEHEE

Only took a pic of Monday, but you get the idea......most keeper trout between 16"-18" and we had to keep moving to get out of the sandies.

Click image for larger version

Name:	11-4-15-Birds.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	576625
    Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
    "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Good job, homeboy! We're truly blessed with an outstanding fishery. On a side note, I'd like to acknowledge Superspook for helping me out with some electrical work he did for me yesterday bailing me out of a bind. I owe you fishing trips any time, any day, brother.
    Last edited by H.Maier; November 5, 2015, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Nice trips termo!!!
      "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Sounds like you had some fun.., except for getting wet. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Thanks for the report, nice catching!

Comment

Great report and hope you feel better after your spill.
            "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Comment

I think the shrimp are still there, just need another cold front to get them moving again. Great report

Comment

Nice fish Termo. Glad you didn't fall on Wednesday while you were fishing alone.

Comment

Nice report and fishin!
                  MANVEL MOB

Comment

Nicely done!!!!
                    Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Awesome!
                      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

You were right, Steve....found them again today on the shoreline south of Eagle Point. Shrimp are still moving with lots of birds over them. Kept 8-16" and over but caught a ton of 15" and smaller.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Solo 11-6-15-Birds.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	562246
                        Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
                        "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Nice report, catch, and pics, Termo! Thats a lot of ish in 3 days! Seems like you have a knack for the overboard thing...I recall another post a while back near a pier? HAR! Glad you're ok. An old man can get hurt if he's not careful!!

Comment

Me and superspook hit a few flocks of gulls this morning and caught and released probably a dozen with a few reds mixed in. Everything was off a little but tomorrow should be better with a wind change and clearing water. Maybe Capt. marcaccio will find his own birds, too.

Comment

he didn't get to close. we were getting double hook ups and I only saw them catch 2. lol tomorrow should be better. we might need a bigger cooler though.
                              the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X