Blast and Cast Men's Ministries Matagorda Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blast and Cast Men's Ministries Matagorda Event

I would like to start by thanking @gsb for letting me know about this event. Blastandcast men's Ministries is a group of individuals with the desire and passion for fishing and God. It is a group of men pointing other sportsmen towards the cross. This past weekend I was blessed to go on this trip with all these fine men. Talk about fun...it was a weekend full of nothing but fun and enjoying the outdoors with other like minded men and some of their sons. It gave me a great opportunity to be able to get on the water with men willing to share their boats and abilities to fish with new people. Upon arrival Friday at the check-in at Sunrise Lodge in Matagorda I was greeted by many smiling faces and great people. With all that being said it was a spectacular weekend of fishing with a group of 45 men. I made many friends that will be friends for a lifetime. From the men in charge of setting all this up to the youngest of anglers fishing with their dad's an awesome time was had by all.

Now on to the fishing details....Friday afternoon was a few hour wade and drift in west matagorda bay . We caught several dinks under some birds but then decided to head to the shore for a wade in search of some larger fish. I ended up catching a nice fat 26 inch trout on a thumping mullet that @gsb put me on. Saturday morning it was back to west in a different area with another nice captain named Rick. It was 4 hours of top water excitement on a bone diamond one knocker spook. We caught several small reds and trout. I ended up catching two nice keeper reds and a trout. Sunday morning was a short wade with only a few hours to fish. Headed back to west with a captain from Dallas named Josh. Only had small trout eating our plastics before the bad weather moved in but still another fun wade session on the water with new friends. Thanks to all those I met for a weekend I will remember for a long time. I look forward to seeing everyone at the next outing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Awesome report Tim! So glad we got to fish together, and hope we can do it again soon. I don't think anyone topped your big trout all weekend.
    Scott
    "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Thanks for the interesting report ,big guy . Sweet fish !
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Great report Tim!!! It was great meeting you and fishing with ya. It was a great time and looking forward to fishing and attending the next one. I wanted to keep the trout but having a bleeding fish on a stringer in west Matagorda not a good idea!!
        Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Blast and Cast Mens Ministries Matagorda Event

that looks like a great idea... sometimes you just want to keep the frost down and i'm often too lazy to getting the camp stove going in the morning.

Comment

Working...
          X