10-26-2018 galveston bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10-26-2018 galveston bay

I had a friend invite me to flounder fish Friday . We fished from 8 : 30 am to 12:30 pm starting first around the Galveston Ship Channel with no success . It was a beautiful day , clear and sunny with slack winds at first . The winds picked up to around 14 mph mid morning and the tide was out and moving out. We moved near the Texas City Dike and drifted parallel to a rock wall fishing Gulp on the bottom . He ended up with a red , flounder , trout and me a bigger flounder and bigger trout . It was a great day to be fishing .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

The flounder has these pin fish in their stomach.

Comment

Comment

Great job! Glad to see you are back fishing.

Comment

Thanks ! I haven’t fished for months and now I’ve fished 3 times in 2 weeks . I’m worn out .... HAR !

Comment

Oops ! Actually I caught both those trout . He caught a trout to complete a slam fishing from his canal home in Tiki when we got back .

Comment

Nice
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Plugger you been to Louisiana floundering yet?

Land or Sea, Blessed by Thee!
                  Land or Sea, Blessed by Thee.

Comment

I have not , but , I have my Louisiana license .

Comment

I liked fishing that rock wall area and thought it might be good anytime to fish but might be attractive to fish in winter when the sun heats up those rocks and attracts bait . There’s a small boat launch nearby on the Texas City Dike and I thought about putting the kayak in there and paddling to it . It’s about a mile plus there . Would you or someone else want to try it ?

Comment

Good luck, glad to see you’re exercising that knee.

Land or Sea, Blessed by Thee!
                        Land or Sea, Blessed by Thee.

Comment

Nice going! I used to fish that area before they put those rocks in and used to nail the trout there along the reefs. Aint been there in over 10 years-brought back nice memories-thanks.
                          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Thanks ! I ate one flounder prepared like this . I got some crab meat and shrimp to sautéed for the other one .

Comment

Very nice!!

Sent from my 5056N using Tapatalk
                              "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Comment

Working...
                              X