468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot spots for sand trout inshore near the pass would be welcomed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot spots for sand trout inshore near the pass would be welcomed.

I want to find a good location for sand trout around West Galveston Bay near the general vicinity of San Luis Pass. I have a fish finder on my jon boat and have never used it, I was wondering if it is helpful for finding sand trout? Click image for larger version

Name:	boat pics-002.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	576292

Also looking for someone wanting to fish on my boat and share my expenses, around $50.00 with gas. I live in Montgomery County.

Comment

Two ideas for you. Hit the rock groins on foot all the way to the end off the seawall around the pleasure pier or catch a slick, calm day and boat out the floodgate at Moses lake to the oyster leases off SanLeon shoreline. Record sand trout is 6.5 pounds, 24". I still trying to break it. Me and Termo had some pushing 20" last year, I know one's there.

Comment

There's a lot of sand trout caught in cold pass under the lights.

Comment

Thank's. I will check it out.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	SUNP0027.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	561938

Comment

This is the biggest sand trout I have ever caught. I had no idea how delicious it was made right. I was going to save half for my son when he came home from work - but I failed him. I couldn't resist and ate his half too! I have to go catch some sand trout and make up for eating his. Of course, I didn't admit I ate his have. I learned that from a soldier friend, he said "ignorance is bliss." I'll say!

Comment

Thanks Steve. That's where I caught the one I baked in the photo, near there. Maybe 20 yards 30 yards off the point of the park.

Comment

The $50 bucks is negotiable and includes live shrimp for the bait well. Say 1 to 2 quarts. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0687.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	561939

Comment

What you need to do is hop out and wade the flats on the inside of the pass with topwaters and catch some big specs and reds.

Comment

Originally posted by renerabril View Post
                      This is the biggest sand trout I have ever caught. I had no idea how delicious it was made right. I was going to save half for my son when he came home from work - but I failed him. I couldn't resist and ate his half too! I have to go catch some sand trout and make up for eating his. Of course, I didn't admit I ate his have. I learned that from a soldier friend, he said "ignorance is bliss." I'll say!

HAR ! Feel no shame ! Share your spoils when you get a mess of fish .
                      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

$50 for a sand trout trip?! Sign me up!

Fish the ship channel with dead shrimp on the bottom. If you hit up the lights in the GSC at night they are covered up, good fun with crappie jigs and light tackle.

Comment

...best Sand Trout spot I have ever found if Ya want a mess of fish is the deep hole where the floating dry dock used to be at Todds Shipyard in the channel.

Comment

I'd settle for a good mess of sand trout right about now. I'm not going for tilapia from the heb.

Comment

Any wild fish > domestic poop fish

Comment

Working...
                              X