Tell tail pisser question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell tail pisser question

I have 150 HP 2003 Johnson and as I was flushing her out with the rabbit ears my buddy pointed out the water coming from the tell tail was extremely hot( almost scolding) . I never gave it much thought because no alarms go off and I figured this water is supposed to be hot and as long as I had a strong stream of water everything was good. My buddy seems to think that this was way too hot. Its hot enough that you cant hold hand under it for more than 2 seconds. Do I have a problem or maybe gonna have a problem? I have taken out 3 trips since and still same scolding hot temp while flushing but no issues on the water.

The water is usually fairly warm.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Alarms can fail, but my engines' pissers are pretty darn hot. You prolly are OK Pieman. Maybe take a temp reading and check your owner's manual???
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Test it in the bay and compare what it is with the cups when flushing. With age just like an ol man the stream goes down and things wear out.
        On my 30hp the cat pisser is always a tad cooler in the bay than when I flush with the cup ears. Once the engine runs for several minutes it will heat up, more so than 1st idle temps. But either way I can hold my hand under it and never see steam.
        But a 150 is 80% larger than a 30 so I may be screwed up in my thinking.
        May be time to inspect the water pump for wear and tear.
        "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

It supposed to be warm. I don't think you have a problem.

Comment

The water should be hot. But with a motor that old running in salt water you may want to be
            proactive and replace your thermostats. I changed mine out after the motor was 10 years
            old and they looked horrible. It's easy to do and you can lookup a diagram online.
            Make sure you use anti-seize on the bolts. I replaced them also.

Comment

My 2014 Tohatsu pees hot water when its on the hose. I never reach back there while she's actually running, I'm sure it's hot though. I don't think you have an issue but I do replace my water pump regularly.

Comment

Thanks for the feed back guys!

Comment

Working...
                X