Snapper 7/28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snapper 7/28

Since the shootout was canceled we opted to run out for a quick half day trip on Friday. I met the crew (Tiny and Fishinaddiction) down at the boat around 8am in no real hurry and just targeting snapper we went light.

Ran out into choppy confused seas for the first 15 miles. We stopped at a shrimp boat with nothing but porpoise and sharks near it. We moved on after nothing took the baits we tossed towards the stern.

Continued on to our snapper spot & arrived around 10:30am with nobody around us. We spent the next couple hours dropping, jigging etc. They were wanting squid & soon after a few drifts we had 3 keepers in the boat and one nice AJ that was released. The next drift we thought another AJ was on the line until we saw red. A nice sow snapper appeared, she weighed over 16lbs on the bogas.

After landing her and taking a photo we reset and that's when we saw a mahi swimming. A quick toss from a spinning reel setup with a steel leader, baited with squid and it was game on. Mahi took the bait let it eat for a second then I set the hook and walked her around the boat. No others came around to play so we boated her right into the fish box. Groceries!

After a few more drifts we had a lane, vermillion and grouper in the boat. Decided to call it quits and ended the trip with our last two snapper to round out a 3 man limit on reds.

Made 31-32 mph on the ride back with following seas. Another fun quick trip.

The photo below of the sonar shows the drop, fight and sow marking as it came to the surface.

We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Was a great trip! Don't forget that big hammerhead that made a couple of passes.
    TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Almost forgot about him! Pretty big.
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Way to go get em gents

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice going guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Nice fish FishinAddiction! Good going fellas.

Comment

Nice trip ! Big snapper there !
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
              X