Near Epic Drift and Wade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Near Epic Drift and Wade

Killed it... but was not easy. Fished East Matagorda with a buddy of mine that I haven't fished with in a while... the Legend does exist.. Mr. Zephyr Cove himself.. Smackdaddy .. Mac Jank. Mac and I tagged teamed the bay starting early and hunting hard.. we had to hunt for the fish using our best methods and hunting sign in a lot of unknown areas. People think you need to know spots to catch fish and it's just not true, you have to hunt them, sign, and structure.

We caught a limit of trout and a bonus red drifting deep shell. was a grind but worked out with the limit of keepers and half dozen through backs. DownSouth in chicken on chain on 1/8th norton screw lock. Just tickling the shell, occasionally a fish would hit it right under the surface or on the fall as well. 1 fish on a provoker as well.. same deal, tickling the shell and trying not to get hung up.

And if that wasn't enough after the limit (we had to grind out the last two) with one trout up to 22. We headed to several wade fishing areas and popped around down the shoreline until we found an area on the south shoreline that had more bait than the others. Anchored up.. he went to the deep side and I went shallow.. didn't take long and he's whopping and hollering and I finally got out to him. We added another 5 fish to the day as we caught and released trout up to 27". These 5 were all studs from 19 to 27. We released all 5 of those. All of these were caught on FatBoys in Black silver pink belly and bone diamond worked slow.. slow pull then a couple twitches. repeat. It was fun fishing a fatboy again. I didn't need to use my GrassWalker as it was deep enough and not enough shell to need the weedless / snagless rig.

We didn't do anything special other than apply what's in the Limit and Big Trout videos... we applied it and worked hard.. fished all day until we couldn't see to take fish off. Was a grind, it was work, but it was fun work.

Anyone is always welcome to contact me at tobin@troutsupport.com to ask fishing questions or try to figure out what they're not putting to use as they should. tobin@troutsupport.com I see a lot of new anglers visiting several boards.. do ya'll think they should get the Big Trout video... I mean do you think it would help them?
    Attached Files
    TroutSupport.comsigpic

more pics
    Attached Files
    TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Just awesome! Thanks for sharing.

And yes...new anglers should get the TS videos. They have helped me tremendously!

-FP

Comment

Epic report Tobin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Great report Tobin.
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Thanks for the great report !
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
            X