Sailfish, Tile and Barrels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sailfish, Tile and Barrels

We left Friday around 5PM from Surfside Marina. Crew consisted of myself, Jamin Castleman and Brad Wesp. We bounced out through the chop to the snapper grounds where we quickly boxed our 6 fish.

We then made the run to the floaters but encountered crew boats at Boomvang. Made a few drifts with no good hookups. We were able to jig up some blackfin worked poppers and swim baits. Slow boated to Nancen with nothing to show there either. Decided to throw in the towel and get some rest.

Woke up at dawn and put the spread out. We trolled for an hour and adjusted the spread. The adjustment worked and we had a knock down on the right outrigger, moments later I caught the bill, and see it on the shotgun, then it comes up to the left and we get a knockdown, we miss the hookset and I dump the reel to free spool, the fish comes back and picks it up and we have a good hookup finally. The fish starts jumping and meanwhile the crew of Jamin and Brad are clearing lines and getting harness on me to fight this thing. The fight was over in a few minutes and we had the fish alongside. We brought it on for a quick photo and released it after reviving for a few minutes.

We pushed in towards our deep drop spots and filled up on tile and barrel fish. Brad hooked into a dorado during a drift but it spit the hook near the boat.

We saw a couple of good weed lines going out but none on the way in.

We dropped twice for swords, had one playing with it but never could get a good bite.

We decided to call it a trip and cruised in, back to the dock by 6:30 and back home in bed by 9. It was a fun trip and can’t wait to get back out soon.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Great job! Nice Fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome, fellas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

Couple of action filled days . Thanks for sharing !
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Nice catch. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X