Found a few...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a few...

Fished Saturday and Sunday in the duck boat...hot the water Saturday morning and discovered the water was gone. Looked like winter out there. Stayed in the coves drifting in the wind and managed two specs and two flounder with one of the flatties going 21". Couldn't get in a sight cast like I like to do as the wind was honking and the water was nasty.

Saturday I had a new exhaust put on my 23 Vanguard and was pumped to try it out. Sunday morning I got out at 6:00 and headed across to the north shoreline lakes. Clocked 25 mph going across. In a 14' flat bottom that's all I want. New exhaust makes a world of difference! Anyway, got to my spot and immediately caught several small trout and more small flounder than I could count. Boxed two specs and one 18" flounder and then moved on. Didn't find anything for the next couple hours. When the tide started coming in the reds went nuts busting bait up tight in the weeds. I went nuts because I was seeing them but couldn't buy a bite. Finally a 24" grabbed me and then a couple rats. Then it shut down.

Decided to explore and hit Karankawa lake and toured all the way back as far as I cared to go getting muddy. Fun stuff.

After a couple hours of that I headed in but stopped in some marsh on the south side and found some reds to sight cast too hooking up three times and keeping one of them. In by 1-ish. Good weekend. Pic is what I kept Sunday.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Good job man!
    Bryan Evans

Boat Werx of Texas
    (AKA Evans Marine Services)
    4340 19th St.
    Bacliff, Texas 77518
    http://evansmarine.net
    http://boatwerxtx.com
    main@boatwerxtx.com
    281-559-BOAT (2628)

Comment

Good slam
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Way to go get em....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Good report. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the interesting report . Fun stuff to read . You had a good weekend with nice results. Keep it up.
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Sweet
              "Our most great and glorious achievement is to live our life fishingly"

Comment

Nice catch. Glad to see someone caught some fish.
                Keith Bodine 1st Cav 1966-1967
                RVN A/229th AHB/Door Gunner
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X