Water is stirred up, but the Sharks are thick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water is stirred up, but the Sharks are thick

Went out SLP on Sunday to 272 rigs (about 14 miles) water was stirred up and green from remnants of Don. Nothing happening there, visibility really poor, about 3 feet. My crew was not prepared to run out further. Opted for plan B. Start chasing shrimp fleet that was in the area. Here's the drill. These shrimp boats aren't stopping hardly at all. run up to about 50 yards off the stern (nets are out) . Put it in neutral, pitch out any kind of fish (shad, ice fish, threadfins) on wire leader and hang on. Sometimes we got bit immediately, sometimes after the shirmp boat was a half mile away. Sharks are working the 'mud' trolled up behind the boats. We saw many on the surface tearing up by-catch as well.
    Had the water been cleaner, then I'm sure kingfish would be a real possiblitiy either trolling or drifting same boats. We ended up leadering several large blacktips, had several more break off when their tail hit the mono. (leaders too short) All released to fight another day. Sore arms and good times for those not wanting to run too far.

Nice day...talked to my buddy Mark who got in on some of that action too...had a great time. Thanks for posting
    sigpic

Comment

Cool, thanks for the report. I've been wanting to go out there and troll for some king macks, may have to give it a shot if conditions hold.

Comment

Thanks Hydra Man-glad to see ya post!! Been awhile.
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
        X