Rod/reel recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rod/reel recommendations

Most of my fishing is in steams using ultralight. Looking for recommendations for spinning reel/rod and bait casting reel/rod combinations for wading and kayaking for reds and specks in bays and marshes.

H&H is making some great rods, but there are tons of other great sticks, and even customs. I’m still a Shimano fan: I’ve got old greenies up through a core and never had one fail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

The curado or chronarch are my favorite reels. Some like the Lews.
      Lots of great rods out there. It all depends on your budget.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Light to Medium weight PENN spinning setups are my favorite. They are smooth casting and almost last forever if you keep them clean.
        TRUSSMAN

Comment

2nd the chronarch. I've a variety of reels but I personally like the chronarch better than any of the others. If you have a little money to spend you could purchase some BOCO bearings and install them. The reel will be a make some noise with the ceramic bearings but I think you would be impressed with the performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Trussman View Post
            Light to Medium weight PENN spinning setups are my favorite. They are smooth casting and almost last forever if you keep them clean.
            Great reel Penn Clash Spinning 3000, very reliable mechanism.

Comment

Working...
            X