Did I Do the Right Thing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I Do the Right Thing?

Okay, so today I was going into a well marked channel and the tides were very low. There were wadefisherman wading on both sides of the channel not 10 yards from the edge on both sides. I was following this guy in and he blasted through on plane. So, I did the same as him following his exact course, because if I slowed down I would probably run aground. Also, I figured since the guy ahead of me already messed things up I might as well get through there fast so things can get back to normal quicker. Needles to say, a couple of waders gave me the palms up universal WTF?!?! signal. They really left me no room to navigate anywhere other than where I did, because my boat does not run in 4" of water. Did I do the right thing in this situation?
    Tight Lines

Re: Did I Do the Right Thing?

dude you did the right thing when you left out of there I was 1 of those waders . that boat was in front of you almost hit that wader that wasnt with our party. I let that piece p.o.s know what I thought of him when he went by me on full throttle. that channels plenty deep enough into tidewas coming back in. and if either side of that channel there's a 2 foot Dept. not complaining at you because you didn't hit that wader.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Okay sorry sir I will do the right thing next time. Sorry for messing up your fishing and everything...
      Tight Lines

Comment

Originally posted by Mini-x Fan View Post
        Okay sorry sir I will do the right thing next time. Sorry for messing up your fishing and everything...
        lol quite calling me sir.Some time we will have to go out there and show you around or other ways to get back there..I assume you did see us catch some fish.You did the right thing on the way out.How shallow will that B whaler run idling?And on plane?You didn't mess up everything it was the other boat before that almost plowed that other guy over that got us going.That guy before you headed straight for the guy in the water and then veered off at the last second not cool at all.

Comment

Okay! It will idle in a little under 1.5 with a light load trimmed way up and run on plane in about 1.2 or 1.3 with just me. I was thinking he got real close to that guy, and I got pretty close too. I saw the guy ahead of me had kicked up a bunch of mud and thought oh crap I better not come off plane!
          Tight Lines

Comment

That whole area you can idle in most of it with the exception of a few reefs and such.When you first come in that area with channel if you get to close to that reef area you will kick up mud.

Comment

Yeah I know that area pretty well I just wasn't sure exactly how much water we had! The last thing I wanted to do was run up on the island haha!!
              Tight Lines

Comment

lol i know somebody that hit one of the biggest reefs today and had the presence of mind to shut down quick and glide almost over.....see what daydreaming and talking get yeah.

Comment

MANVEL MOB

Comment

where were yall
                    MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
                      where were yall
                      wouldn't you like to know!

Comment

HAHA! In my last post I typed the name of the spot, then was like I better not and backspaced it!! haha
                        Tight Lines

Comment

That douche bag in the big Kenner that came in before you had no excuse to do what he did. He nearly ran down the first wader and blew within 20 feet of the rest of us on plane. He needs his arse whipped. Never run past waders on plane - as a matter if fact, its illegal. There's quite a bit of water on the south side of that gut. Plenty to run in. If there are waders there just circle around back. If you have to go past waders then idle past. They may still gripe but at least you're legal and nobody's gonna get mowed down.
                          Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

X100 that is too close. Gald everyone is safe.
                            KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Boy I wish I would have been ther to blow off some steam
                              10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Working...
                              X