Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dove Hunt with Blast and Cast Men's Ministries

Hey fellas!
    I am a Field Staff Member for Blast and Cast Men's Ministries now, and we are organizing a Dove Hunt Event this September near Castroville, TX. More details will be available soon, and hope that some of you will take a serious look at this event. It's going to be a great time, just like all the other events. You can also count on a great message! If you have an interest, you can find out more about BCMM at http://blastandcast.org/
    Scott
    "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Sounds like fun. Have to dust off the ol 12 gauge

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

We have dates! September 8-10
      Scott
      "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

When do I sign up...LOL

Comment

Went to your website, but no events were shown or information on the dove hunt in September. ??

Comment

The page for the dove hunt is up an running now. Lots of information but let me know if you have any questions. Spent the day at Paradise Canyon with my family, yesterday. It was my youngest son's birthday. Beautiful surroundings.
            Scott

Comment

I'm signed up.

Comment

I dreamed about the dove hunt the other night. I told my son, and he told me that he dreamed about the awesome topwater bite we had last week. hehe Sometimes you just get ate up with the fun stuff! I need to focus on what's important.
                Scott

Comment

Sounds like a good dream to me

Comment

Getting stoked...went and got ammo and some stuff. Getting closer. Ya'll sign up if ya haven't already and come out for a great time The fishing trip put on by these men was a great experience. Don't be scared because it's a Christian thing. We like to have fun too.

Last edited by walkinwader; August 11, 2017, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Buying toys and stuff is always fun, Tim! I remember season before last when my old hunting stool finally dry rotted and the seat split which put me on my butt unexpectedly. Academy here I come!

My wife just bought me a new belt with shell and game bags. My oldest is more excited than me because he wanted my old one.
                      Scott

Comment

From an article. Pretty good ideas...
                        From an article:

Skeet was invented for grouse hunters, but it's perfect preseason practice for the dove hunter. The Assignment: Two or three rounds of skeet a week between now and opening day will make a huge improvement in your shooting. Call for the bird with your dove gun dismounted and work on mounting it in synchronization with the speed of the target.
                        Extra Credit: If you can have a skeet field to yourself (often right at opening or closing times), skip High and Low 8, Low 7, and all the doubles--those stations don't simulate dove shooting. Instead, shoot High 1, which mimics the dove that comes over your head from behind, and the incomers from Low 1, High 6, and High 7. Stations 2 through 5 give you practice on crossing targets. Take your stool or 5-*gallon bucket with you and try some shots sitting down. Practice using your feet to turn your upper body for a decent swing while sitting.
                        Chokes and Ammo: Skeet targets are shot at close range. A Cylinder or Skeet choke breaks them; IC smashes them. No. 9 shot works best, but you can use your 71⁄2 or 8 hunting loads if you prefer.
                        Scott

Comment

Working...
                        X