Major TroutSupport.com Announcement - The Old Classic - with a Twist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major TroutSupport.com Announcement - The Old Classic - with a Twist

First a fishing report: fished LLM (read.. really far south west corner of West Bay ;-) ith a buddy of mine last weekend under pretty tough conditions. NE wind to 20 as front was rolling in. Rained hard with scattered showers still lingering. Pressure rising as we continued with a super high tide that usually scatters reds way way back into areas you can't reach them most of the year. Man you gotta learn to use the wind to your advantage. No we were not going go do anything unsafe and we weren't getting beat up,.. but we used the wind to our advantage. Wind moves water and causes a lot of conditions that cause fish to feed. Honestly I've caught more fish in zones that were not calm but also not blown out than any wind protect area. Fished a couple of shorelines in south bay which is historically good this time of year because of where it is and yep.. glass minnows. Find the bait and you find the fish.. well, it's gotta be the bait that the fish want and sometimes mullet will be mixed in there as well but if the forage isn't there you're not going to find the fish your after. So don't always just park it on the calm shoreline.. investigate areas that are a little windy.. fish will feed better. We didnt here of anyone else really killing it that morning and while not 'stud redfish' it was still a limit. We did have one token 27" fish as well but most were in the 20-24" range.

What did I catch them on? TroutSupport GrassWalker. I was fishing shallow seagrass. Grass wasn't floating up just yet, but I didn't want to have to work a plastic faster just to keep it up out of the grass.. the GW hovers when you stop it and stays weedless even if you let it sink into the grass. The floating grass will be here soon enough. I was using the Trokar TK 140 in 5/0... the Trokar TK 160 in 3/0 also has great results and it's already shaped perfectly right out of the package (Dicks.com and Dicks carries these hooks fairly regularly). Weightless... honestly I fish it weightless 99% of the time. Only time to fish it with a weight is fishing 3' + and casting into the wind all day like a surf with a light SE wind. They are also very good in the surf.

A year ago I asked a lot of people if they wanted the GrassWalker in Red / White. The resounding answer was !!!**** Yeah!!! Red with a white tail can be a great color in the summer time. It really shines in sandy, tannic, or algae stained water conditions. Well they wanted it just fine on that trip. Caught a limit of reds; not big fish but a limit.

So if you love red and white I've put together a new spin on the old coloration.

More information on the General Board at Major TroutSupport.com Announcement!!!

For those that wanted them... or love Strawberry Red / White...

Also... for those of you struggling catching fish around the glass minnows.. you should consider throwing the GrassWalker in Bone, or Birthday Suit. It's out produced topwaters and other suspending lures for me two springs in a row. But i'm sure it must ALL be HYPE, huh? ;-)

https://troutsupport.com/product/trout-support-lure/

Be sure to use your FishWest End coupon code TKVA150 .. .just my way of giving back.. I mean besides donating to FWE fundraisers.
    Attached Files
    TroutSupport.comsigpic

Always getting it done. Way to go. That strawberry looks good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks good Tobin! Thanks for coupon!
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice color , Tobin ! Thanks for the report !
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
        X