468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do y'all do for a "blind" when you walk in to duck hunt marsh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do y'all do for a "blind" when you walk in to duck hunt marsh?

I was gonna walk in to some public accessible marsh this weekend and throw out a spread. I'm very new to duck hunting, what do y'all normally do to hide In the marsh?

Just a little advice about public accesses. Get as far away from the well know fishing spots as possible. Or you will be waisting your time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Walking in may be tough...any waterway you can access by boat you can hunt...have access to any boat??? Would help get you to a spot without walking too far with all the crap we use. I often sit in the grass with camo draped over me in a type of home made lay out blind. have a small chair with no legs I lean back against. Grass level is even with my head. You will get wet though so be ready for that. People dont fish the back marsh so dont worry about that...water's only a 2 foot deep...it's getting out there that's tough.
      sigpic

Comment

my shallow sport is in the shop having the carbs rebuilt, it would be unusual if it wasn't in the shop. I was going to walk into christmas bay and setup a spread and hide in the grass. i'm sure that would be a total bust but it's either that or try my luck at one of the wildlife refuges. i suppose i might try brazoria or something.

Comment

if you can get there go for it
          sigpic

Comment

You can and that's exactly the bay that I was referring to lol.

Comment

What do y'all do for a "blind" when you walk in to duck hunt marsh?

Right before you get to the boat ramp coming from Surfside. Turn on left the trail that goes into the marsh. Pack your decoys to the point on the left once you get into the bay.

Comment

Invest in a Momarsh Invisichair

Comment

Layout like the beaver tail predator

Comment

Working...
                  X