GISP Wade-1st time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GISP Wade-1st time

Looking into wading this Sunday at GISP. Any pointers on water depth, points of entry?

With a name like that are you yak'n or walking ? Take the yak and cover some ground. Tides have been pretty high.
    Lots of spots right there in park.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

I hear ya. Trying to learn a new style of fishing. I appreciate the feedback. Be Good!

Originally posted by walkinwader View Post
      With a name like that are you yak'n or walking ? Take the yak and cover some ground. Tides have been pretty high.
      Lots of spots right there in park.

Comment

Walking in a lot of that cove is pretty muddy . But I would try over near the bayou side of the park. Tides should have reds pushed in close.

Comment

Good Stuff...Oak Bayou? May end up taking the kayak anyway...gotta look at the wind report for Sunday. Thanks man.

Comment

You bet. Some of the mud can get pretty sticky. Easier to paddle than walk a bunch of it. Good luck.

Comment

Fish the geo tubes if the tide is falling.

Comment

Oak bayou has some shin-deep sticky mud, but has produced some sweet top water trout for me. I usually walk the peninsula about half way down before walking in.
                The geotubes in Dana Cove make for good wading and will take you all the way across it and fairly far into the bay. There are some good flounder in some of the channels. Fish the grass along the edges of Dana for reds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

thanks for this post!

Comment

Working...
                  X