Need wading advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need wading advise

Hey all, HookWorm here, back from the dead.

I was on here a few years ago, moved way too much being in the Self-Storage business but now,
    I am living on the West End of the Island, and looking for a few good wading spots, or just the
    general area as no one really gives up their honey holes, as we all know.

Have been to SLP, but conditions and the "NO-Wading" signs are a bummer to us who like to wade,
    but there as we know, there is that pesky safety concern. Tried the surf at a few different locations,
    even down past SLP, and up to the Sunny Beach area. Thinking about purchasing a Yak, but then my other half
    wont go out on one and neither will my Dog.....smarter than me I think.

Anywho, glad to be back, look forward to the Flounder run, hope to get in on that action soon.

Later y'all.

You can wade SLP but go to the bay side not the pass area.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Yes I saw at least a dozen people on the bay side out wading.

Comment

Ok so all the way round to the right then, got it.

I imagine those pesky "No Swimming/Wading" signs are not on that side,
        seeing there is probably not a super strong current over there.

Sounds great y'all, thank you.

I am one block from the seawall at 89th St, I'll have to see if I can catch
        a flat high tide there, and hope for some bait fish running around.

Comment

No there are still some pretty strong current areas on the bay side with deeper dropoffs. Be smart and use your pfd when checking it out .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Will do my friend, thanks for the info. Was thinking about a Yak, might just do that and explore the area that way, probably safer.

Comment

We've launched yak and walked in waded at the pier in Sea Isle and have done pretty good on trout and reds.
              Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Good to know that bit of info, thanks.

Comment

Good to know that bit of info, thanks.
                  Can you get in there without the HOA havin a fit?

Comment

Yes , non residents can park and scramble over the rocks to the water .
                    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Sweet!!! Thank you sir, that is a big help. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Comment

Is it still ok to park and fish there? Thinking about going there in the morning.

Comment

Too late of an answer but, I will be going there tomorrow morning as the North side of 8 mile is under construction.
                          Still might be able to get in on a Sunday morning, hoping no one is there working

I do believe you can still get in at Sea Isle, I have heard from a few locals who stop into my store talk about it.

Good luck.

Comment

I went to 8 mile last week and same story no parking at the end. I've been searching out spots to try my last week here. Cant go Sunday but am open the rest of the week if you'd like company

Comment

Working...
                            X