matagorda surf 5/30 - 5/31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• matagorda surf 5/30 - 5/31

saturday morning my friend julie and i headed out of the colorado river and went west towards poc about 4 miles or so. the first stop didn't yield anything and i was wondering if i should have gone to the bay but saw una-mas (tommy countz) go by. i figured if he was in the surf, i should be. i went towards poc a few more miles. julie stuck a 19 and a 23 on a pink top dog jr and i picked up a 22 on a mardi gras paddle tail. there wasn't alot of tide movement so we came in.
    sunday morning jason joined us and we headed back to where we left off, near the cullen house. the bite started off slow except for the large dorsal fin that blew up on my topwater. julie struck first again, with a nice 22. about 10 oclock i found a school of nice trout in a drain once the tide started falling. i had 4 between 17 and 22, jason had a 22 and a 23, and julie added a 19 and a 21 to her 22. a school of birds was working some large shrimp and we picked up 4 small smacks on the way in. jason also got spooled by a jack.

michelle
    Attached Files

Nice report and catch. Cool pic's.
    A Little deeper in debt.

Comment

Thanks for the report. Nice looking trout

Comment

Very nice

Comment

YEH like to hear the good reports nice pics.
          10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

good fish michelle,looks like julie found a "new home" in the surf...

Comment

very nice michelle.cool pics.alot of boats lining the surf.congrats on the solid trout
              Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Originally posted by Sneekypete View Post
                good fish michelle,looks like julie found a "new home" in the surf...

yeah, she wasn't really phazed when the 3 foot shark blew up on my topwater. she asked "what in the heck was that"?
                i just responded that it was exactly what she thought it was. she just kept on fishing. lol
                michelle

Comment

Good report and photos.

Comment

Awesome pics and great report!
                    sigpic
                    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Nice job michelle.

Comment

good job ladies and gents!!
                        MANVEL MOB

Comment

Working...
                        X