Bass Pro Shops Pearland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bass Pro Shops Pearland

This coming Saturday, February the 13th, they are having a fly fishing event. The event is billed as an all around fly fishing day, where presentations from finding fish, to casting, to fly tying will be held. Presenters include, Sally Moffett, Bill Higdon, Collins Illich, Mark Marmon, John Carpenter, David Lemke, Ed Marshall, and Brent Ewald. The Texas Fly Fishers club will be well represented, and there are seminars all day long.

The event should be a blast, for anyone wanting to learn about fly fishing or improve their skills. It starts up at 9am, and seminars run through 5:30pm. I will be there for several hours starting around 9, and helping with the casting instruction, and helping field general questions about fly fishing and the Galveston system, as well as other Gulf Coast destination.

This is a great opportunity for those who are looking for a basic casting lesson to get started, and it's free.
    http://www.theshallowist.com

Think I may try to make it over there.
    A Little deeper in debt.

Comment

SOunds like a great event for the beginner! I might try to make it by.
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Dang, saturdays are impossible for me

Comment

You guys all know that the offer stands for anyone on this website. You just have to shout when you are ready. If you can't make this weekend, there will be plenty more in the coming months. I just wanted to put the information out there for those who are interested.

Comment

My son is supposed to be Capt. Sally's assistant for the seminar. He is a fly fishing machine.

Comment

That's awesome, Captain Sally is a blast! Hopefully I will get to meet your son. I'm looking forward to this, should be lots of fun.

Comment

Steve is this more just an entry beginner session or will there be any advanced instruction? IE. Double hauling which is the only thing I've yet to master 100%
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I will handle that if needed, I'm not 100% on the program that Mark Marmon is putting on, but he is a certified casting instructor. If anyone wants to come by and work on accurancy, double hauling, distance, or any other aspect of their casting, you get a freeby from me that day. I will probably hang until around noon or 1, depending on the crowd, I was planning on hitting the water later in the day if I can get there.

In the winter, my brain has a hard time allowing anything to overcome the thought of catching a big juicy trout!! ??

Comment

ill try to make it there but it wont be till later. your right nothing can overcome a big trout so i might have to take a rain check on bass pro shops and hit the water

Comment

I forgot this weekend is Mardi Gras I'll be hammered Saturday. Best of luck to all... Remember to keep it between the buoys!
                      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I just got an invite to POC. Do I be a good and go to fly lessons or do I fish POC?
                        HMMMM.... POC. Yall have fun.

Comment

Dang it. I would def go to learn about fly fishing but I work most Saturdays. Thanks for the heads up though.

Comment

Dang, it's hard enough to catch fish with a levelwind let alone that flyrod with all that precasting waving around and line laying around to get tangled !! LOL
                            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I'll be there between 9:30 and 10:am. Hope to meet up with you Steve.
                              A Little deeper in debt.

Comment

Working...
                              X