Launch of nuclear-capable Trident missile over Golden Gate Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Launch of nuclear-capable Trident missile over Golden Gate Bridge

For those San Franciscans who happened to be looking skywards on Saturday evening this was the ethereal and somewhat terrifying sight that greeted them shortly after 6pm.November 7th.
    With no prior warning and no immediate explanation - a nuclear-capable Trident missile was launched from a U.S. submarine off the coast of California and sent streaking in all its blue and white glory across the bay.

+11

Awe-inspiring: These photographs capture the moment a nuclear-capable missile was fired off the coast of California and shot over San Francisco on Saturday night

Surprise: Photographer Abe Blair, 36, was taking pictures of the San Francisco skyline when a dazzling blue light streaked across the sky

Very cool!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Spectacular photos . It looks like it is coming out of San Francisco Bay . I bet onlookers were shocked .
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Great capture by that photograher!! That thing is beautiful but oh so lethal!!
        "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

What'd it target?
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Great picture, but like Robalo said: what's the target. Lord Bless.
            robert
            And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
              What'd it target?
              I think they aimed for the face but got it on her shoulder

Comment

The article didn't say. I don't know the range, but North Korea would have been nice.

Comment

"Training exercise", no doubt. Maybe a target ship/area far and away. Bet that had some in the area puckering...

Comment

Raqqa? We can only hope! (HAR! You guys know I'm kidding, right?)
                    Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
                    "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Nooooo way… To dangerous to launch in a bay. It was probably a bottle rocket from a gay pride parade….. I don't know about you guys some times….
                      Fishwhisperer

Comment

Working...
                      X