6-29-2019 , Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6-29-2019 , Saturday

The surf was to be marginal Saturday with 1.6 foot surf but light variable winds . I had prepared and decided to go anyway . Happily the surf was pretty clean from 6-8 am then dirtied up after that but not grossly . It was enough to turn off the bite , though . But , before that it was great with bait and lots of action. Ladyfish appeared first but then the trout showed up . I caught some throw backs and lost some keepers and ended up with 8 fish 15-16 inches with a 16 1/2 and 17 inch to round off the top end . I haven’t fished in a while and it was great to be in the surf and actually catch a few fish ! The Texas DD looked great in the water and the trout loved it. Trout Support lure in pink caught a couple fish in dirtier water before getting chewed up .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Sweet report Doc....glad you were able to go and have great success.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks , buddy !
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Great report! Wish I’d been out there with you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
          Great report! Wish I’d been out there with you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          Wish you were there too !
          Remember when we went kayak fishing ? You were new to WEA then . Go back and see my report . I thought it was hilarious .

Comment

Working...
          X