Gettin excited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gettin excited

Me and a buddy got our first hunting lease out in east Texas last March, it's a115 acre pine stand that ain't been hunted in 15 years, we've been busting our butts trying to get this place huntable. We've got 6 feeders with 6 cameras set up. We have a bunch of deer on camera, I've got my spot picked out, just waiting for October 1. We were hopping to have shot a few hogs by now (we had plenty of signs of hogs) but, up until last month we only had one hog on camera, he would come around about every 2 weeks or so. Now that deer season is here, we have a sounder of about 6 hogs and another loner on camera pretty regularly. Needless to say we are not hog hunting anymore till deer season is over. I have not shot a deer since i was a kid, we moved to Houston and i had no access to hunting. 38 years later and i feel like a kid again being excited about hunting deer. I've got the climbing stand ready, cross bow sighted in, gear packed up and waiting. I put in for the 1st and 2nd of oct off of work and away from the wife( they are both thinking about it) lol
    Green grass and high tides forever
    Mike Mathena

good luck

Comment

I’m happy for you and will look for some reports . I’m happy for me when the hunter / fishermen leave the bays to go hunt .
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I ain't had a chance to put ANY pressure on the bay this year, got my boat replaced and the axle bearing ate up my spindle, got that replaced and rain rain rain.
        Mike Mathena

Comment

Yeah, me too . I haven’t been able to stand long or walk far with my right knee being bone on bone . But , with my partial knee replacement about 2 1/2 months ago , I’m feeling much better and hoping to soon be able to get out there myself .
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
            Yeah, me too . I haven’t been able to stand long or walk far with my right knee being bone on bone . But , with my partial knee replacement about 2 1/2 months ago , I’m feeling much better and hoping to soon be able to get out there myself .
            Well, it sounds like your healing up just in time, are you bow hunting? You should be good to go by rifle season for sure. Hopefully you get a monster buck to kinda make up for all that down time.
            Mike Mathena

Comment

Oh no , I meant I’m ready to get out into the bay . I don’t hunt but fish year round . I remind my wife when she complains about me being a lure junky , “ but , honey baby ! at least I don’t hunt and spend money on rifles , ammo , gear , leases and all the rest ! Im a bargain being a fisherman only , honey , baby , sweet thang , my love . “

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
                Oh no , I meant I’m ready to get out into the bay . I don’t hunt but fish year round . I remind my wife when she complains about me being a lure junky , “ but , honey baby ! at least I don’t hunt and spend money on rifles , ammo , gear , leases and all the rest ! Im a bargain being a fisherman only , honey , baby , sweet thang , my love . “
                Lol, a bargain, Haha i hear ya on that, a hunting lease is definitely a handful. Well that knee should be ready for fishing long before it's ready for walking through the woods.
                Mike Mathena

Comment

I hope so , and climbing up into a stand could be doable but difficult .

Comment

Working...
                  X