8 Mile road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 Mile road

Fished yesterday morning. Went east just before the first channel , close to shore. Pretty slow day, didn't see too much catching. Caught 2 rat reds about 9:30 on live shrimp and 10 croaker on chartruse gulp minnows. Prob should have fished the end of Sportsman road. Sun was kick'n!

keep plugging it will get better.Thanks for the report.I wish this south west wind would head south east or better yet i'm ready for some north wind.
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

This Friday?

Comment

Keep your eyes peeled for bait, birds and slicks.
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
          I think he's on to something.
          "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

thanks for report....

Comment

went to 8 mile this morning for a wade and sportsman was shut down due to a bridge repair. Ended up catching a couple flounder in the slip where the shrimp boat is docked at the end of 8 mile. Wind was kicking hard. Home by 10:00.

Comment

Originally posted by H.Maier View Post
                went to 8 mile this morning for a wade and sportsman was shut down due to a bridge repair. Ended up catching a couple flounder in the slip where the shrimp boat is docked at the end of 8 mile. Wind was kicking hard. Home by 10:00.
                so people do catch fish there.lol
                the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Huh
                  MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by SUPER SPOOK View Post
                    so people do catch fish there.lol
                    Caught 'em at that make shift boat ramp, Danny. Never got my feet wet. Saw 2 or 3 waders out in front of sweetwater lake. can't say how they did. Caught 2, missed one and boat showed up to launch and it was all over.

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
                      Pelicans and small gulls were working near that channel entrance just past the small oyster reef. Got it!

Comment

I always go to the end of sportsman's and head Northwest, am I missing some good areas east of that, say 8 mile and east or west?

Comment

Working...
                        X