3/10 Morning Wade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/10 Morning Wade

In the water before dawn wading shell. No wind and mullet jumping. Threw a topwater and started getting blow ups, but they were just whiffing it. Had one brief hook up on a SS Jr. chrominator. About dawn the NNE wind stared blowing light and the bait vanished. Threw a jig a while with no takers and then moved to another spot. Tide was moving out and figured I'd catch 'em. Water was in great shape. Caught a couple of Redfish on an XL then switched to a brwn/chrt tail 1/8 jig. Caught a few small fish, then an Ok fish and strung it. Moved further out and I must have cast it right in the big fishes mouth. Immediately came up shaking & tail walking. I reeealy dig the shaking. Did it three more times before I grabbed her. Only 24" but 5# and change.
    It was 8:30 and I was hungry so I came home. It was slicking here and there as I left.
    Attached Files
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Nice fish Kenny.

Comment

Good report ol buddy
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

good report Kenny, that's a fatty.

Comment

Nice
          Scott
          "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Nice report , Kenny . That's a big ole fat trout . Fish just slapping at topwaters means hookups for a corky chunked out there .
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Nice!
              TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Nice job Kenny! What has the tide been doing?

Comment

Originally posted by TTU Wader View Post
                  Nice job Kenny! What has the tide been doing?
                  Going in & out. LOL

It was back to normal Friday before this N. wind. High in the morning going out until early afternoon.
                  "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Working...
                  X