5/6: Got a few

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5/6: Got a few

I put the boat in at Louis' at 6:15 and went to Galveston Bay. The spot I had planned to fish had a couple of boats already in position so I putted around and found a place out of the way and waded. I didn't stick around long. I didn't get any bites and I didn't see any bait.

I poled the skiff from Greens Cut to Carancua Cut on the North shoreline of West Bay. Water was very off color but I was hoping to pick a red out in the grass. I saw one fish but my fly landeda about 5' short. I only got the one shot. I saw about a gillion stingrays.

I motored into Carancua Lake and poled around in the marsh. With the high tide and murky water, conditions were not ideal for sight casting. I saw a few mud puffs but usually saw them about the time I glided over them in the boat.

I headed back toward the ramp about 1:30p. I tried some scattered shell spots I like in Jones and came across a pretty big pile of birds working. I drifted the birds and got nothing until I switched to the venerable plumtreuse assassin. As soon as I switched baits, I was popping trout on every cast. I drifted those birds 3 or 4 times and pulled out 6 specks. None were huge but all were hefty and motivated. I released them all.

All in all a good day. Saw lots of boats on the water. With the nice weather I imagine it will be crowded this weekend.

Sorry no pictures.
    JYC
    "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Nice catching bro!

Comment

Good job! Thanks for the report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great report! Thanks.
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Nice report, Jeff!

Comment

Harvey, were you out in your whaler yesterday? I passed one in the ICW near Harborwalk and I thought it might be you.
            "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

No Sir, sorry to say. Still recuperating from my recent medical problems but feeling a little stronger and will soon be back at it if things progress. If I happen to see you out there I won't hesitate to say " hey".

Comment

WTG partner, thanks for the report.

Comment

Nice good report. Glad you got some.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Comment

WTG ! Nice report !
                    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Nice! Thanks for the report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
                      X