Smoked the Reds...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoked the Reds...

Got a late start Saturday as I needed to meet with someone so didn't get on the water till around 2:00. Motored over to a spot that has been holding reds pretty regular and they did not disappoint this weekend. Caught my limit on the first drift...continued to drift and caught a couple more. Great part was all these fish were upper slot.

Went back out Sunday morning around 9:00 and they were still there. Water was a little higher and there was more wind. Funny thing was today I only caught three and each one was 21"-24". Yesterday was big boy time on the flats and lower slots got their turn today. All fish caught on Norton Bull Minnow...pumpkin seed with chartreuse tail.

After catching the reds I went trout hunting and struck out...I swear if I catch a bunch of trout it will be accidental...I can always find the reds but DAMMIT the trout give me fits LOL!

One other cool thing...on my initial drift Saturday...I was trolling up to a big mud cloud where I figured reds were rooting it up. Turned out to be a Big Ugly that looked like a Volkswagen bug. As I drifted on top of him he took off and left a wake that was pretty unbelievable...dude was massive...pretty cool.

Here are Saturday's reds...
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Way to go.

Comment

Great report! Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Nice!
        TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Nice going! Thanks for the report!

Comment

2 Nice days in a row...can't beet that. WTG

Comment

Great report Brad!
              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

WTG, thanks for the report!

Comment

Thanks for the interesting report !
                  GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Great report!

Comment

Working...
                    X